Image Map

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Car Drama

Back in September I traded in my eclipse and got a new car. I got a Chevy Equinox. I figured it was time to get a bigger car so that one day when we do start a family I have enough room.

About two weeks after I got the Equinox I started noticing a loud banging when I would start it, I knew something was wrong because that is just my luck. It had 800 miles on it and since I knew obviously I had a warranty I researched the loud noise and the Equinox and came across a TON of unhappy people. 

Chevy had issued a recall on my model and year. 

Long story short I went to the delarship prepared and the guy wanted to tell me that I didn't know what I was talking about...good thing my husband knows people and got the owner to talk with the service guy that I was dealing with.

After about 5 days and two rental cars later the recall was fixed and they sent me on my merry way.

Fast forward about 6 weeks and I noticed that my radio was acting weird. It would turn up all the way on it's own and BLAST me out, it would change channels and it wouldn't respond to anything I tried...so BACK to Chevy I went.

The service guy was the same one as last time. Lucky me.

Of course when I got to the dealership my radio was acting fine. I was told that they couldn't do anything for me if they couldn't recreate the problem. So off I went back to work. On my way to work it messed up again. This time I recorded it on my phone so I could show them when I went back the next day.

That day it got worse and worse. I ended up having to turn it off and ride home in silence because it was freaking out.

The next morning first thing I took it back and when I pulled up...it was acting NORMAL! I made the service guy sit in my car for a few minutes until it messed up again. He was blown away, he said he had never seen such a thing.

Repeat previous story... rental car for three days and two new radios and I was set!

After that I prayed that that was all I woud have to go through with my brand new car.

Fast forward to about a week ago and it was time for me to get an oil change and tire rotation.

I took it in and waited for my car, I dealt with a new service person who was MUCH nicer than the last one. It took about 45 minutes and was a ton cheaper than I thought it was going to be which is always nice.

I left the dealership and on the way home it was about to storm.





On the way home I had to call OnStar because my app wasn't working and I had been trying to get them to fix it for weeks...





I get about 20 miles from the dealership and I hear this loud beeping (while on the phone with OnStar) and look down and an alert is flashing...



The warning said Service Tire Monitor System. I freaked out and pulled over because I was scared that maybe a tire was falling off or something...dramatic I know but I have bad luck so I don't think anything positive. LOL

As I am on the side of the road I call the service guy and tell him what happened...he said it was probably a bad sensor and that I would need to bring it back to have it looked at...

CUE TEARS! It was storming and I had already driven so far. But back I went...I pulled up he came out with a mechanic checked the sensors and recalculated the tires and then the warning went away... I was literally there for five minutes before he said I was good to go!!! That's the only thing that has been easy, he was so apologetic and very nice about it. 



That will HOPEFULLY be the END of my car drama! I just want to enjoy it...

If you made it this far you deserve a medal... maybe a gold one! :)

2 comments:

  1. UGH! That sucks!!! I hope it is all good now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awful! So far...KNOCK ON WOOD!! Everything has been ok! :)

      Delete